If you’re a pet owner, you know that there is no better feeling than loving and being loved by your favorite furry friend. However, you also know that owning a pet makes it next to impossible to keep your home in tip-top shape. There’s hair on the floor, on the bed and on all of your clothes, and that is just the beginning. Check out these five cleaning tips to stay on top of the mess this season!
1. Brush your dog every day to cut down on dog hair. There is absolutely nothing you can do to completely rid your home of dog hair (short of shaving Fido bald), but you can significantly cut down on the amount of hair by brushing your pet every day. This will remove all loose hair from your fur baby, leaving less to end up in your lunch and stuck to your favorite black sweater.
2. Do a little bit of cleaning every day. Ignoring your mess in the hopes that it will go away on its own hasn’t worked in the past, and it isn’t going to work in the future. Instead of letting the mess build up for days or weeks, culminating in an official “cleaning day,” do one chore every day. Sweep and mop the floors on Monday, clean the kitchen on Tuesday, throw in a load of laundry when you can, etc. Choosing one chore every day will keep the mess from overwhelming you.
3. Use household items. Cleaning products are expensive, but there are tons of household items that can be used to remove stains and odors. Baking soda is great at removing pet odors; just sprinkle it on your carpet, let it sit for a few hours and vacuum it up for a fresh scent!
4. Freshen up. If you’re a veteran pet parent, you know that having a fabric refresher on hand is a must! Keep a bottle of your favorite spray on hand to spritz on the couch, the bed and even your pet’s favorite blanket every few days.
5. Stop dirty paws at the door. With Soggy Doggy Doormat’s line of super-absorbent, durable, microfiber doormats, you can stop the mess before it even starts. Keep a mat at every entrance to soak up water and dirt dripping from your pet like a sponge!